Re: SV: [LARTC] How to mark and queue

Daniel Bergqvist (daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> How do you want the packets be dropped? What do you want to achieve? Which
> rules will control which packets get dropped?

We have performed some measurements of packet drops on real WAN link.  I
would like to reproduce the characteristics of (congested) WAN link/router
as close as possible.  Rules for dropping will not be based on packet
contents but on a random variable with certain distribution which in turn
depends on parametars such as packet size (e.g. for voice traffic).

Josip