[LARTC] Relieving ISDN of web/ftp traffic via cable modem...

Hi,

I have two identical NIC's installed in a Mandrake 7.1 system.  One interface
is connected to ISDN and the other to a cable modem.  The ISDN connection
serves web and mail.

I would like to relieve my ISDN connection of all personal web/ftp traffic
(from my browser and ftp client) by utilizing the bandwidth of the cable
modem on the 2nd interface.  All web and mail traffic to the server on the
1st interface needs to continue as before.

After I activate the cable NIC in Linuxconf, I can ping my server with
another box using the cable address.  Leaving it in this state (with IPV4
routing off) makes the mail server begin to "hold" mail for destinations on
the cable network.  (uh-oh)

Next, I run "dhcdcd -R -h ______  eth1" which goes out and contacts the DHCP
server and assigns an IP address to the interface.  After a few hours (with
no other tweaking) all my outbound traffic begins to flow across the cable
connection.  It appears that mail is no longer being accepted on the eth0
interface.  Running netstat -r shows the cable route as the 1st default route
before the eth0 default previously set.  This isn't exactly what I was after
(-;

I've read dozens of FAQ's, but still don't know exactly how to tackle this
problem.  The Linux Routing FAQ has wonderful explanations, but no sample
scenario close enough to mine (for me to understand).

Can someone offer some guidance?

Thanks!