Re: [LARTC] CBQ and load balancing

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 12:36:36PM +0200, joern maier wrote:
> bert hubert wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 04:32:58PM +0200, joern maier wrote:
> > > o.k. here some more details I haven´t mentioned yet
> >
> > Please keep it on the list, I don't like to give private advice, I want
> > everyone to benefit.
>
> sorry -> I just pushed the reply button not thinking that it won´t get
> back
> to the list but to your private e-mail account

What we need to do is setup a class for packets going out on eth0 with a dst
address of the backend, and then limit that. CBQ doesn't know what an
eth0:110 is, it only knows that you have eth0, and that addresses have been
assigned to it. Try running "ip addr show dev eth0", and you'll see
192.168.10.17 with eth0, and not with eth0:110.

You can either mark packets leaving your host with the destination of your
magic ip addresses, and you'll limit them all together to 200kbit, or you
can try to make more classes, one for each backend server, and select on the
basis of the real mac address.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People