[LARTC] quantum value for voip

--------------A13601EE668127045EA4C8DE

for voip traffic), give the class a high priority.</div>

If it does, you will see that the latency increases.</div>

use a policing filter before the class to place an upper limit on the rate.</div>

Just make sure it is big enough to handle your expected burst, but not
too big because it could increase the latency.</div>

> Yep i missunderstood the quantum concept (it&acute;s clear<br>
> now), but since my voip class was configured with<br>
> enough bw this doesn&acute;t matter<br>
> Reading more on docum.org, i find hte possible cause<br>
> of the delays i was using sfq (128p queue) on the leaf<br>
> i removed sfq from the voip class<br>
> I will try also with other disciplines.. like tbf<br>
> just to have a deeper understanding of queuing in real<br>
> life applications<br>
Tbf will not change nything.&nbsp; Htb is acutally a tbf but with classes.<br>
> Are there any recomendation on which queuing<br>
> discipline to use with voip?<br>
> (my stats show 100 bytes per packet average in voip)<br>
Why not a simple fifo?&nbsp; You can adapt the size of it from the command
line.<br>
> i&acute;m doing more tests now and i&acute;ll re re-read the full<br>
> lartc. doc<br>
<BR></div>

--------------A13601EE668127045EA4C8DE--