[LARTC] Monitoring....

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Stef Coene wrote:

> On Thursday 13 February 2003 18:49, Nelson Guedes Paulo Junior wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just shape my connection isn't enough. I need to monitoring what's
> > happening, for example, I need to now if my users are downloading too
> > much, if they are using too much ftp or if thei are ussing too much
> > SSH. Other things that are relevant are Media Streaming, MP3 Downloadin=
> > and Web Traffic.
> >
> > BUT, some of these services negociate a high port and use these ports f=
or
> > the traffic. How do I prevent that to consume band and how do I log tha=
> > and make graphics to justify and upgrade on my link infrastructure?
> > How do I monitor this things???
> What if you monitor wel-known port (web, game ports, ...) and have an oth=
er=20
> monitor for all the rest?  And block all other ports so they have to use =
the=20
> ports you monitor :)

This is ok, but HOW I can do that??? (monitor, not block ok??)

>=20
> > Sorry about my English... :-)
> It's not better then mine.  And they understand me (at least I think).

It Happens... :-)

Thanks....
[]'s

=20
> Stef
>=20
> --=20
>=20
> stef.coene@docum.org
>  "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"
>      http://www.docum.org/
>      #lartc @ irc.oftc.net
>=20
>=20

-----
Nelson Guedes Paulo Junior  =20
E-mail:  <npaulo@linux.ime.usp.br>   UIN: 2489382 (Tender [:alpha:]*)
Eu cavo, tu cavas, ele cava, n=F3s cavamos, v=F3s cavais,
eles cavam... N=E3o =E9 bonito, mas =E9 profundo.