[LARTC] Rate-Limiting from Any IP

Here's a topic I have not seen discussed yet:

Is it possible to set it up so that traffic from any one IP or network
is rate-limited? I don't mean making a rule for a specific IP. I mean
having a router/fw that will not let any one IP use up more than a
specified amount of bandwidth, or be allowed to issue more than X
packets per second. An example might be that you didn't want any one
source to abuse port 80.

I've seen recipes for doing this for specific IPs and nets, and general
packets-per-second limiting, but I don't remember ever seeing anything
that would satisfy this need.

TIA!

-Steve