[LARTC] problem with prio qdisc and TOS

--0-614937346-1043933191=:5319

Hello ,

I have presented my problem before also.I have linux box with 2 interfaces eth0(incoming) and eth1(outgoing).

 If I just attach a PRIO qdisc on eth1(outgoing) will I be able to prioritise packets based on the TOS value.The TOS value is set by a test application.At very high data rates will the data stream with lower priority TOS value be starved because it cannot send out of packets from its band on eth1 interface?.

Does something be set in linux kernel so that kernel sets priority for packets  according to TOS value.I guess this priorty will be used by PRIO qdisc(by default) to decide which band the packet belongs.

Please clarify this by giving your inputs.

Regards,

Andreas.

--0-614937346-1043933191=:5319

<P>Hello ,</P>
<P>I have presented my problem before also.I have linux box with 2 interfaces eth0(incoming) and eth1(outgoing).</P>
<P>&nbsp;If I just attach a PRIO qdisc on eth1(outgoing) will I be able to prioritise packets based on the TOS value.The TOS value is set by a test application.At very high data rates will the data stream with&nbsp;lower priority TOS value be starved because it cannot send out of packets from its band on eth1 interface?.</P>
<P>Does something be set in linux kernel so that kernel sets priority for packets  according to TOS value.I guess this priorty will be used by PRIO qdisc(by default) to decide which band the packet belongs.</P>
<P>Please clarify this by giving your inputs.</P>
<P>Regards,</P>
--0-614937346-1043933191=:5319--