[LARTC] ingress/egress shaping

David Boreham wrote:
> With IMQ you'd have three NICs :)
> IMQ is a virtual NIC.
> So if you can achieve your goals with control on the two real NICs,
> do that.
Yes, that's clear to me (well, quite :)), but I read about the
limitations of the ingress qdisc and that using a virtual imq device
would give me the power to use classes even on incoming traffic.
I just wanted to be sure not to be doing something stupid <:)
So there's nothing wrong with my thinking?
What comes in from the WWW, I can shape on my inner NIC, and what leaves
to the router/WWW, I can shape on the outer one?
What happens with all the traffic coming in on my inner NIC from my LAN
that gets delayed/shaped in order to leave on my outer NIC?
Will my inner NIC drop it, or will my Linux-router collect more and more
packets, swell up to giant size and explode? :)

Thanks for any answer,
Björn