From: lartc-admin@mailman.ds9a.nl [mailto:lartc-admin@mailman.ds9a.nl]
On Behalf Of Mathieu Deziel
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 7:33 PM
To: lartc@mailman.ds9a.nl
Cc: robert.kryczalo@iscnet.pl; rravetti@itc.com.ar
Subject: RE: [LARTC] Bandwidth Restrictions in Linux

> Hello
> > We are ISP and we give Internet Wireless Outdoor Service . The
> > Base Station
> > works in 802.11b and it is connected with a Linux Mandrake Server
> > that make
> > NAT.
> 802.11b devices are by design experiencing "hidden node" effect.

"Hidden node" problem can be avoided by the use of RTS-CTS (request to
send, clear to
send).  RTS-CTS are optional but can be enabled.  You can also specify a
threshold in
the size of the packet under which RTS-CTS will not be used, in which
case the hidden
node problem might occur for those packets.  RTS-CTS will solve the
hidden node
problem, but will consume BW.

Mathieu.