[LARTC] GNUTELLA on port 80

David DeLauro wrote:

[Filtering Gnutella/Kazaa on port 80]

>From reading the archives... it seems there is a iptables type solution (I
> built the iptables/nat+bridging patch into the kernel) but I haven't had
> any luck in finding it let alone another solution using tc/match filters.

You need a rule matching packet content. Do a packet dump of
kazaa/gnutella traffic and see if there is anything unique in the
packets that you can filter on (the hard part is not to get any false
positives/negatives).

One option could perhaps be to set up a transparent squid proxy and see
if it is possible for squid to do bandwidth limiting on requests
containing certain headers.

--
LarsG
Fight the EUCD! Find your local organization at