[LARTC] Filter for large packets?

Hi,

i am using the wondershaper script on a DSL-router-firewall combination
for several LAN clients. My Problem is that the port based filter rules
dont match bulk traffic satisfyingly, because many file sharing programs
allow to use custom ports. Usually a few connections that is not
recognized as bulk are enough to fill up the 1:20 queue and slow down
www and other normal traffic. Can anyone tell me a filter rule that
matches Packets greater that a certain number of bytes. I think
classifying outgoing packets > 512 or 1024 bytes as bulk should help
here. Do you think this is a good idea, or am i missing something?

What would be a good size threshold to separate normal from bulk traffic?

regards,
Simon