"clean" qdisc reinit (was Re: [LARTC] HTB flooding my kernel logs)

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Stef Coene wrote:

> If it works, fine for you.  It's just not something I would advice :)
> But why not delete the root qdisc and recreate it?
>
> Stef

All started when we observed that in the meantime (the time between tc
qdisc del and the time it takes to recreate the whole new tree) people's
TCP connections speed increases very much, so its not very nice. We
recreate the trees like 100 times a day so that can be a problem.

So then we made the 2 trees system. While building the new tree the old
one still "serves" packets and then we change by a simple tc filter
change. As we observed there is still a small bandwidth increase (the
classes are empty) but its very small compared to the other one.

If you have another solution please say.

Mihai RUSU

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any company,
unless otherwise specifically stated.