[LARTC] Game servers used as smurf reflectors

http://www.pivx.com/press_releases/mk_mk001.html
http://www.pivx.com/kristovich/adv/mk001/

Could TC be used to throttle Quake-style game server queries until the game
servers are updated to do this on their own? Seems like one could create a
filter that tags UDP messages to one's game server ports that have some
initial string matching a status query, and throttle these.

(I'm already using the WonderShaper to keep my website and FTP from taking
bandwidth away from my game servers, by putting HTTP and FTP source in the
"traffic we hate" queue.)