[LARTC] howto skip some traffic in TC

On Friday, 10 January 2003, at 18:16:10 +0200,
nedco@unacs.bg wrote:

> Is there possibility traffic generated from and to game servers
> go transparently without going to any tc ( qdisc htb  class )

Maybe I am completely wrong, but if I remember correctly as long as you
don't "enqueue" your low latency packets more than once, it should be ok.
And for your setup maybe "prio" is a better choice than "htb", but if
the game servers don't mark their traffic correctly maybe high priority
traffic could be treated as low priority.

Check the manpage for "prio" (man tc-prio), or lartc.org for detailled
information about this classfull queuing discipline.

Hope it helps.

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.4.20-xfs)