[LARTC] Help restricting bandwidth of individual clients

On Sunday 05 January 2003 12:19, ariel@fismat.umich.mx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> im new to this stuff, before this, i was using hardware to manage my
> bandwidth.
>
> I have a wireless AP (hostap) with a good connection. What i want is to
> shape my traffic to restrict each one of my wireless clients to a speci=
fic
> rate. Two to 33.6K, one to 128K, one to 256Kbps, some to 512K, and one =
> 1024K ...
>
> I've read chapter 9 of the lartc-howto, it says it is possible, but is =
not
> really clear to me how to do this stuff. Do i need two eth cards and ma=
ke
> a bridge? I read that HTB is better than CBQ, so im trying to use HTB.
A bridge is easy to put in an existing network because you don't have to=20
reconfigure the network.

> Im using DHCP for my clients, so is this possible by just using their
> MAC's? Has anyone any script to make things easier?
Yes.  You can use the mac address with iptables to mark the packets.  Thi=
s=20
mark can be used to put the traffic in the cass you want.

Have you found www.docum.org ?

> is there any shearch tool for the mailing-archive of lartc?
No idea ...

Stef

--=20

stef.coene@docum.org