[LARTC] wondershaper + htb prio + qdisc prio

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:49:58 +0100, "Tornado"
<tornado@linuxfromscratch.org> said:
> Hey there,
>
> Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, maybe not - but what exactly do you mean
> by
> "the ping from the server is always 300ms"?
>
> Is it the ICMP ping (generated by the 'ping' tool), or do you mean when
> you
> play Counter-Strike, and you look at the players tab, that shows you're
> lagged with 300ms?

by ping i meen the real ping program with icmp, i see that i could not
specify counterstrike to don't create confusion.

and the ideea is not to priorize the counter game, but only the ping used
by the counter game

so another question is, the counter strike game use udp/270015 only for
ping probing or also for game packets

> Have you tried to ping the counter-strike server direct from the shell
> using
> the 'ping' tool? If this results in very low ping replies, your tc setup
> is
> correctly set up.

this is what i try, beacouse i dont realy play the game, i generate
trafic to saturate the link, and ping from shell from an externat host