[LARTC] restricting MAC or IPs using IPTABLES in Linux 7.3

Shaheen,

You will probably be able to take some instructive hints from the LARTC
Squid cookbook example, even if you are not going to do exactly as the
recipe suggests.

  http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.cookbook.squid.html

This brief post should be a start for you:

  http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2001q2/001275.html

And don't forget to search the archives for the MAC address topics related
to your question:

  http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amailman.ds9a.nl+mac+iptables

Good luck,

-Martin

 : RH Linux 7.3, 2.4 Kernel
 :
 : I am trying to force all of my LAN users to go through a SQUID (2.4Stable1) proxy I have setup. And I thought I would be able to use iptables to deny services to all asking for PORT 80 or 8080 for web browsing. They should be using SQUID (certain IP, certain port # given) for that.
 :
 : For all other ports, I would only allow certain IP addresses or certain MAC addresses to go through.
 :
 : 1. Can I force (allowable MAC or IPs) to use proxy (SQUID) for web browsing?
 : 2. For non-web browsing activities, can I also restrict non-allowed MAC or IPs?
 :
 : Please give me or point me towards some specific examples on these two tasks if you would. Thanks

--
Martin A. Brown --- SecurePipe, Inc. --- mabrown@securepipe.com