Re: questions on CBQ

Stef Coene wrote:

On Monday 09 December 2002 18:11, James Ma wrote:

Hi, All,

When I use CBQ, what should I put for "avpkt"? I saw all the examples using
1000, but if I have a lot of voice packets which are very small, will
"avpkt 1000" cause any problem?
I'm not sure, but avpkt is used in internal calculations so if you have a lot of small packets, a smaller value would be better.

avpkt is one of the parameters used to evaluate the maxidle parameter for a cbq class.
maxidle can be seen as the maximum credit that a class can reach when being underlimit for a period of time
So the higher maxidle is, the more packets in burst the class may send when switching from underlimit to overlimit.

Another thing is, does CBQ support
"default" as HTB does (ex: tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default
12)? How can I put "all other traffic" into certain class?

Cbq has no default class. You can use a u32 filter with src 0/0 as the last filter statement.

Stef

--
Vincent EGAL
Email : egal@ipanematech.com