Re: how to get the latency down on maxed out classes?

> Similarly, I don't understand the latency issue.  An application that
> cares about latency will not create a large backlog.

I think the problem may be that a TCP flow will create a queue
of packets, behind which all other packets queue. Thus one sees
200ms latency via 'ping'. Of course this is exactly what you would
see on a real connection of the specified throttled speed (e.g. a
DSL line). However it seems to surprise folks that there's a relationship
between throughput and latency. They expect to be able to throttle
traffic to 100Kbits, but still see 5ms latency. Without special
measures that isn't going to happen.