Re: LARTC digest, Vol 1 #907 - 2 msgs

From: Stef Coene <stef.coene@docum.org>
;

does it matter that the rate is being reported differently by each
invocation of tc?
I don't know exactly how the rate is calculated, but I don't think you sh=
ould=20
not trust it.

The upload speed of the first runs 252, 258, 254, etc.; on the second
86, 150, 92, 78, etc.
Is this reported by tc or by iperf ??

By iperf.

One little detail, and I guess this is the explaining fact but it's interesting to think about why: all the machines reported on here are using wireless access. The two which are working well have no jitter or packet loss, but the two that are acting up both have a fair amount of jitter, and about 6-8% packet loss because of their being marginal links.

I'm assuming that is the explanation (I hadn't thoroughly tested the link quality before sending that other mail) but I wonder why. They show average throughput well above the rate limits I set when they are operating without HTB.

Thanks.

B.