Re: iproute2 package

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:23:09 -0800 "David Boreham" <david_list@boreham.org>
wrote:

>  > Where can i find the tarball of iproute2 with HTB support?
>  > I know that i can download the patch and the binary tc but i want to
>  > install
>  > iproute2 with rpm.As a result i want the tarball or the src.rpm if
>  > there is.
>
>  For which distribution ?
I am using RedHat 7.2 & 7.3  in my servers.

>  I have an RPM for Mandrake 8.2 which may or may not work
>  on other distributions. Or you can make your own, from the
>  iproute2 src rpm file for the system you are current running.
i found the tarball iproute2-2.4.7-now-ss020116-try.tar.gz from
ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/
but it didn't have the HTB patch.
I am thinking that i have to patch the tarball and then create the
*i386.rpm.
But you know that all this job is not a good idea when you are doning
remote administration
in a server with 64kbps line and 12 clients served by this line:(
I just wanted to have the binary or the source rpm and do rpm --rebuild and
finish.