Extending Wondershaper a bit

Hello everyone.

I've been trying to get Qos to work here for two days now, but it REALLY
doesn't seem to work the way I want to. Here is my situation:

                         Internet

Wireless LAN   Firewall        DMZ

                         Local lan

As you can see, I got a Debian box in the middle as my firewall with 3
network interfaces and a wireless one. I use Shorewall to configure
everything and it works. I masquerade LAN, LOC and DMZ towards internet and
have extra rules for hiding the local lan from the wlan, etc. I have a
Cistron MAXX abo to the internet (8192/512kbits).

Then I wanted to use QOS, so I patched my 2.4.18 kernel with HTB, and used
the Wondershaper 1.1a. It works! I see three classes, with traffic in all
three of them. But it only diferentiates between types of traffic, and I
would like it to diferentiate based on the source of the packets. I would
like to have my DMZ and LOC a high priority, and a low priority for the
mldonkey program on the firewall itself, or for the users on the wlan. So I
tried this:

$DEV=eth1
tc qdisc add dev $DEV root handle 1: htb default 40
tc class add dev $DEV parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 480kbit burst 6k
tc class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 80kbit ceil 480kbit
burst 6k
tc class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:20 htb rate 120kbit ceil 480kbit
burst 6k
tc class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:30 htb rate 270kbit ceil 480kbit
burst 6k
tc class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:40 htb rate 1kbit ceil 480kbit
burst 6k

# all get Stochastic Fairness:
tc qdisc add dev $DEV parent 1:10 handle 10: sfq perturb 10
tc qdisc add dev $DEV parent 1:20 handle 20: sfq perturb 10
tc qdisc add dev $DEV parent 1:30 handle 30: sfq perturb 10
tc qdisc add dev $DEV parent 1:40 handle 40: sfq perturb 10

# TOS Minimum Delay (ssh, NOT scp) in 1:10:
tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 10 u32 \
      match ip tos 0x10 0xff  flowid 1:10

# ICMP (ip protocol 1) in the interactive class 1:10 so we
# can do measurements & impress our friends:
tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 10 u32 \
        match ip protocol 1 0xff flowid 1:10

# To speed up downloads while an upload is going on, put ACK packets in
# the interactive class:
tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 10 u32 \
   match ip protocol 6 0xff \
   match u8 0x05 0x0f at 0 \
   match u16 0x0000 0xffc0 at 2 \
   match u8 0x10 0xff at 33 \
   flowid 1:10

# loc
#iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -i $DEV -p tcp -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j
MARK --set-mark 2
tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 handle 2 fw classid
1:20
#tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1: protocol ip prio 16 u32 \
#   match ip src 192.168.0.0/24 flowid 1:20

# dmz
#iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -i $DEV -p tcp -s 10.0.0.0/8 -j
MARK --set-mark 3
tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 handle 3 fw classid
1:30
#tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1: protocol ip prio 16 u32 \
#   match ip src 10.0.0.0/8 flowid 1:30

# rest is 'non-interactive' ie 'bulk' and ends up in 1:40
tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1: protocol ip prio 18 u32 \
   match ip dst 0.0.0.0/0 flowid 1:40

Ok. Well, this is almost the same as the wondershaper itself. The only
problem (as you can see) is to mark the packets coming from the DMZ or the
LOCal lan.

First I tried to mark the packets with the TCRules file of Shorewall and use
a tc filter to move the packets to the right class id. As you can see, I
also tried to mark them with iptables, but I suspect that doesn't work
because Shorewall doesn't have a PREROUTING table? Of am I wrong? Maybe the
reason it doesn't work is that I use masquerading from the DMZ and the loc?
So the FROM adresses are already rewritten?
Also the tc filter on the src match doesn't seem to work, I have NEVER seen
any traphic on the 1:20 of 1:30 classes.

This is driving me crazy. Especially since the normal wondershaper works, so
my htb patch and/or the TC program seem to be ok.

Any help?

Greetings,
Harry Westerman