Re: Fair Queuing

On Friday 22 November 2002 14:54, ajay@movingdelhi.org wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>             Am trying to distribute our 256kbps internet link to our
> internel LAN and want to give 32kbps each to our 8 nodes.  how should one
> go about it.
>
> I have a server with 2 LAN cards.
>

> LAN (192.168.0.0/24)<----->Linux Box<------->Internet Router<------->ISP
Do you want them to be able to share the bandwidth, or is 32kbps the maximum
they may get?

You can create 1 bounded class with rate = 256kbps and 8 child classes with
rate = 32kbps.  And you need 8 filter so put the traffic in the 8 classes.
You can filter based on ip-address if the nodes has fixed ip-addresses. You
can do this with htb or cbq.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org