Creating new qdisc?

Hi all,

I am trying to implement a new qdisc, but I'm having trouble. Here's what I've
done:

I've copied the TBF source into a new file, and modified it to represent my new
qdisc. Then added it to the default qdiscs in the Makefile. I modified the
header files include/net/pkt_sched.h and include/linux/pkt_sched.h to reflect
my new qdisc. The kernel compiles and runs fine. (using UML)

Then I went ahead and modified tc to include support for the qdisc, once again
using the exsisting code as a basis. It compiles and runs fine.

When I try to insert the EXISTING TBF, it works great. When I call tc with the
same arguments, but for my new qdisc it returns (i gather
infamous): "RT_NETLINK: Invalid argument". I didn't change the actual
parameters or code for the qdisc, so it is still identical to the default TBF.
So the parameters I pass *should* be fine.

I'm wondering if I left something out that the kernel requires to recognize the
new qdisc.

Thanks in advance.
Yell if you need more code/information.

Chris Groenewald.
\"And on the eighth day, we bulldozed it.\"