Re: help with routing determined by source address

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 13:11, Abraham van der Merwe wrote:
> Hi!

Hi,

> I want to route packets where the gateway is determined by the source
> address and not the destination address - is this possible with iproute2?

Yes.
# When sraddr belongs to ISPA
ip rule add prio $PRIO_ISPA from $ISPA_NET lookup $ISPA_TABLE
# When sraddr belongs to ISPB
ip rule add prio $PRIO_ISPB from $ISPB_NET lookup $ISPB_TABLE
# Everything else
ip rule add prio $PRIO_DEFAULT lookup $DEFAULT_TABLE

Then;

# Default route through ISPA
ip route add table $ISPA_TABLE default via $ISPA_GW dev $ISPA_DEV
# Default route through ISPB
ip route add table $ISPB_TABLE default via $ISPB_GW dev $ISPB_DEV

#For everything else, use a multipath route;
ip route add table $DEFAULT_TABLE nexthop via $ISPA_GW dev $ISPA_DEV
nexthop via $ISPB_GW dev $ISPB_DEV

> for example:
>
>  ISP-A   ISP-B
>   |        |
> +---------------+
> | linux machine +
>
> default gw is ISP-A interface, but if packet comes via ISP-B, the ISP-B
> interface should be used instead of ISP-A interface

IPs used on the linux machines, are private or public IPs ?

Cheers,
Vincent.

--
Vincent Jaussaud <tatooin@kelkoo.com>