help needed using filters

Hi!

I'm trying to shape a traffic to/from a few different subnets using TBF. The
way I understand it all I have to do is create a few queueing disciplines
and attach a filter to each queueing discipline.

So for instance if I want to shape traffic going to 192.168.1.0/24 via eth0 to
64kbit then it should look like this:

------------< snip <------< snip <------< snip <------------
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1:0 tbf rate 64kbit burst 4kb latency
100ms peakrate 128kbit mtu 1500

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 u32 match ip dst
192.168.1.0/24
------------< snip <------< snip <------< snip <------------

I can't add the filter above and I suspect it is due to

a) i can't add filters to tbf queueing disciplines? if so, why not?

b) i'm confused be the parent x:y and flowid a:b terminology in the filter.
When do I use what?

--

Regards
 Abraham

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.
		-- Publius Syrus

 Abraham vd Merwe [ZR1BBQ] - Frogfoot Networks
 P.O. Box 3472, Matieland, Stellenbosch, 7602
 Cell: +27 82 565 4451 Http: http://www.frogfoot.net
 Email: abz@frogfoot.net