RE: Extremely inaccurate results using either TBF or HTB

Hi Stef,

Thanks for the reply! However, I think the gap is way too large to be
explained by overhead, etc.

Here are the results from some other tests. I started with:
tc qdisc add dev eth2 root tbf rate 1.9mbit buffer 20Kb/8 limit 15Kb

Here are the average transfer rates measured over approx 20 seconds
(again according to PerfMon) as I change the "1.9mbit" to other values
while performing a large download:

Mbit	Kb/s
-----	------
2.5	360
2.0	360
1.9	360
1.8	240
1.5	240
1.4	240
1.3	180
1.2	180

The lines really are that flat. There is nothing resembling the graphs
on your site. Mine has the low-res, stair-step effect that you can see
by graphing the above numbers.

I can't seem to find any "mbit" number that will actually produce a cap
at exactly 2mbit.

I will try a both different type NIC and Debian at some point today.

Thanks for your help!

Dan Farino
Sr. System Engineer
Stamps.com, Inc.