Re: Dynamic bandwidth allocation ?

Dear Serban,

Following is my setup.

I had a gateway machine with dialup modem and ethernet card.  I am
connected to local LAN using ethernet card.

Now i want to implement a CBQ + fw filter base bandwidth management
system.

The problem i faced is
1) I had a modem which is connected with my ISP for browsing,
downloading etc..,
2) The modem doesn't give me fixed bandwidth.

Now how i assume a fixed pipe, or how i play with the bandwidth
available at particular moment so every user get a fair chance.

Suppose i want to create a three class.  say class A, class B, class C.
Class A is for high priority traffic.
class B is for low priority traffic.
class C is for Some specific ports.

Then how i implement this with dynamic bandwidth which i rev, using
modem.

Thanks in advance.

shekhar