Re: ip balance

On 5 Nov 2002, Esteban Ribicic wrote:

> i see what you are seing. in fact, the cache stuff in kernel
> make things dificult.

I though about using some iptables stuff like "nth" or "random" modules
also with "connmark" and/or "conntrack [extra addon]" to do balancing but
need some more reading to prepare setup.

However You can also try change factors for nexthop gateways to manual
tuning or make more complex setup using marking packets and using separate
muliple gateway setup for each trafic. Forks fine for me.

> i'll have to look some way to make things better
> (perl script cleaning cache?!)..

cache expires in some time [but how much is some ?]
...instead perl maybe try "ip r[oute] f[lush] ta[ble] cache" ;)

> i also thought making two routes with mask's to odd/even networks..that
> would be some kind of balance..

Worth to try and check results.

Regards
tw