Re: tc keywords

--On Friday, November 01, 2002 09:51:28 PM +0100 Stef Coene
<stef.coene@docum.org> wrote:

> Bandwidth is the maximum bandwidth of the device where the queue is
> attached.  This can be a NIC or a class from another qdisc. For a
> root-qdisc, the  bandwidth has to be the same as the bandwidth of the
> device where it's  attached to and not the link bandwidth. All
> QOS-elements with the same major  number, has to have the same bandwidth.

I was a little confused by this. I have a 100 Mbps NIC, but it's connected
to a switch that throttles my allocation down to 4 Mbps. So which number do
I use for the root CBQ bandwidth?

I'm using the WonderShaper, and it looks like it uses the NIC's speed, not
the upstream cap. Is that correct, or a bug in the script?