Re: CBQ not properly functioning !?

On Thursday 31 October 2002 22:52, Robert Felber wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 10:35:27PM +0100, Stef Coene wrote:
> > and you add the qdisc to eth0, then you can only shaping traffic going to
> > your isp.
> > Is the x.x.x.x host on your LAN ??
> >

> > Stef
>
> $ tc qdisc show dev ppp0
> qdisc ingress ffff:
> qdisc sfq 30: limit 128p quantum 1492b perturb 10sec
> qdisc sfq 20: limit 128p quantum 1492b perturb 10sec
> qdisc sfq 10: limit 128p quantum 1492b perturb 10sec
> qdisc cbq 1: rate 10Mbit (bounded,isolated) prio no-transmit
>
> that is not ingress AND cbq on one device?
All right, you can use ingress and cbq (or what ever qdisc you want) on the
same device, but that's not the issue, you can even use imq so you can shape
in and out at the same time.

Before we are going to overwhelm Thoms with things like ingress, imq, and
other fancy shaping stuff, he has to understand some basic shaping rules.
And one of them is that with cbq attached to a real device, you can only
shape outgoing traffic
>From my previous post:
You add the cbq qdisc to dev eth0 so you can only shaping traffic that leaves
eth0.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org