Re: can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Folke Aeon wrote:
> it works currently, but wonder whether there will be
> any negative influence or not. would you please give
> some comment on this ?

It should work. You just have to be aware that your kernel
is doing some odd things ...

> another thing, i noticed that since the dsmark dequeue
> function does not support mpls protocol, so when a mpls
> packet arrives, it complains "unsupported protocol".

Only if you try to change the DS field.

> Although the tcindex value is still there, it just cannot
> use it . i think this is where the problem lies in.

No. tc_index does not have to equal the DSCP or DS field.
In dsmark, tc_index is an index to a table with DS field
changes. All you need to do is to reserve a tc_index value
for non-IP traffic, and only mark IP traffic with other
values than that.

- Werner