Re: can anyone help me to solve this problem?

>Folke Aeon wrote:
> >   i still want to know whether i can mark the
> > dscp at the ingress qdisc or not
>
>No, you can't. You might be able to perform the same classification

  why not ? can't i port some of the dsmark functions to
the ingress qdisc to do this? for you see the following
will return the :1 as tcindex value , is that it?
tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress
tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 2 u32 \
    match ip ....
    flowid :1

then why can't i make to it return a value as the dscp value
and directly stores it into the TOS field in the ip header?
    if this is possible, would you please give me some
instructions on how to achieve this?

>at egress, though. If all else fails, you might be able to
>accomplish some marking based on ingress decisions with IMQ.

   can IMQ classify packets based on their RATE and BURST ?
if it cannot , then it wouldn't do any help to me . :(

>(Well, or fix MPLS to preserve skb->tc_index.)

  to be frank i am not quite familiar with this stuff.
i just do everything according to the installation guide
shipped with the mpls-patch downloaded at sf.net/mpls-linux/ :(