Re: multipath routing problem [Shorter version] - Help stillneeded :-)

On 25 Oct 2002, Vincent Jaussaud wrote:

> When only one gateway is used to reach remote networks, everything is
> working just fine. (Whatever gateway we choose to use)
> Whenever we attempt to activate multipath routing over both gateways,
> then SSH don't work anymore. We can ping, traceroute, telnet, ... but
> not SSH nor FTP (PASV).

ssh tends to play with TOS fields (and rightly so). Routing is keyed to the
*triple* (src, dst, tos), something that most people (including me) normally
forget. However, in this particular case that may be the reason for your
ssh's breaking.

The reason for FTP breaking possibly has to do with packets for
the control connection going out the one gateway and for the data going
out the other... but this is speculation on my part.

Doei, Arthur.

--
  /\    / |      arthurvl@sci.kun.nl      | Work like you don't need the money
 /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt