Re: multiple level traffic filtering

I've finally decied that the prio qdisc needs to be attached to root.
Delay should be minimized first, with normal service 2nd, and max
throughput third in the 3 band setup I have planned.  Are there any
recommendations?  Basically terminals with telnet or ssh should get first
priority with web traffic next and filesharing or transferring third.
Does each band or class under a prio need to point to a seperate qdisc or
can they all point to the same one?  With this kind of qdisc, how do I
track a users bandwidth since their traffic will be going through 3
seperate qdiscs based on tos.  I'm thinking that I can wrap the prio in an
htb and shape the users traffic before it gets to the prio.  This seems
out of whack.  I thought that the prio scheduler should always be first in
line so priority traffic gets handled first.

Hayden Myers
Support Manager
Skyline Network Technologies
hayden@spinbox.com