Re: Re: [release] ipsysctl tutorial 1.0.1

Hi Michael,

In short, I took Alexey on his words on this matter since I didn't know
about the statements below...

However, I notice one _big_ if in the page you are referring to, which by
the way is quite old (dated circa 1996). Take a look at this page which is
linked from the document you showed:

http://cr.yp.to/syncookies/archive

According to this, we must turn off SACK and T/TCP for it to work:

"4. TCP options such as RFC1323, SACK and T/TCP options cannot be used."

Nowhere does the documents explain how these problems can be solved (I
haven't read the whole document yet, so I may burst out prematurely... but
I wanted to respond to your questions:)).

I will look closer on this and see if there's any more up to date
information on the matter, what happens with SACK etc if SYN cookies are
turned on (may take a while, I will need to check the source code as
usual I expect=)).

--
----
Oskar Andreasson