1000Base-SX Gbit card recommendations

Hey all,

	I currently have a router on-location w/ a Gbit inet line attached to it.
It's a 3c996-SX.  Unfortunately, the driver support for this card is
absolutely terrible (looks like 3com is being 100% unhelpful about it).
Vendor-supplied hard-locks the box half the time on interface up, and the
latest-n-greatest kernel driver works okay, until I push about 90mbit
through it at which time it hard-locks the box right up.

	So, I figured since this list is the most likely to deal with people that
push a lot of packets through Linux, and possible some via fiber I'd like to
know if anyone has any recommendations on which NIC to buy to replace this
thing.

	If it matters, the router is running on a Tyan Thunder LE which is
Serverworks LE chipset.

Kind of sad a good card like the 3c996 is ruined due to poor driver support.
Sigh.

Phil Doroff
Five Elements, Inc.
phil21@five-elements.com