Re: Problems patching kernel 2.4.19-r9

>So download the iproute2 source and patch it :)

:( Background explanation: The HTB on-line manual says
simply: "Also you will have to use patched tc tool." To
my newbie eye, this is vague and incomplete, hence my
query.

Answer: In fact, I have iproute-20010824-r1 in the
sources. No matter, the output is the same:

Upon trying again to "dry-run" patch from within
/usr/src/linux and responding either "iproute2" or
"iproute" to the returned query "File to patch:", both
tests return "No such file or directory".

Please allow me one further question:  As I do not wish
to design complicated traffic-shaping rules for now,
could I simply use the earlier version of HTB (HTB2 ?)
which is already in the 2.4.19-9 kernel I have
installed? I understand that the commands may be
different. If using this earlier version is feasible,
please point me to the command reference.

I have learned much in a very short time from reading
the recent postings of Stef Coene and others on the
LARTC. Thank you to you and everyone participating on
the list.

J. B. Schatz