Re: htb limiting trouble: no overlimit or dropped packets

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Stephane Ouellette wrote:

>    I'm giving a try on this one, I'm not familiar with HTB at all...

Thanks, I appreciate that!

>    I think that your only problem is: all classes can borrow bandwidth
> from other classes !!  So there is no bandwidth control !

Yes, but there is a ceiling of 64 kbit/s set for each class. Yet this is
exceeded and traffic flows with full 512 kbit/s.

Besides, if you have a look at the class statistics you'll find that the
borrowed packet counts remain at a value of zero.

>    You should add the "bounded" modifier to classes that should be limited.

AFAIK there is no bounded (or isolated, borrow, etc like in CBQ)
option with htb. From the htb manpage:

       tc class  ...  dev  dev  parent  major:[minor]  [  classid
       major:minor  ]  htb  rate rate [ ceil rate ] burst bytes [
       cburst bytes ] [ prio priority ]

Regards, Walter