Re: question re: longer-period fair sharing

Hi,

Try a VPN solution with RADIUS accounting for amount of bytes each user
had transmit over the network.Radius protocol can do accounting bytes
(octects actually) as well 'online' time.In that way,You can have multiple
business policies for clients,one for kids,one for family,one for
guests,etc...
This solution maybe enters some delay in TCP/IP protocol,but guarantee You
secure connections (no more sniffing:),and You won't have possible trouble
about filtering MAC addresses of malicius clients trying to forge their IP
numbers if You have 'layer 3 accounting solution' :)
When they exceed the payed amount of bytes,simply that account won't be in
use anymore :)

Hope this help :)

f2zubac