Re: Re: Fair bandwidth divison (was: <no subject>)

On Sunday 13 October 2002 17:17, Samuel Kerschbaumer wrote:
> Stef Coene <stef.coene@docum.org> schrieb am 12.10.02 18:57:03:
> > On Saturday 12 October 2002 18:28, Samuel Kerschbaumer wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > > Is it possible to configure Linux so that each machine connecting to
> > > the router gets the same bandwidth? I mean if one computer is
> > > downloading three things and another only one, can all computers get
> > > the same bandwidth?
> >
> > Yes it can be done.
>
> And how can this be done.
> In the HOWTO i found only possibilities to limit the bandwidth of a single
> class...
I have more scripts about bandwidth on www.docum.org.
You can create a htb/cbq hierarchy and put each ip in it's own class so you
can give each ip the bandwidth you want.
Or you can use the efsq qdisc so each flow (based on ip/ports) has the same
opportunity to send something.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org