RE: (no subject)

Stef,

Thanks for the reply.

I want my bridge to "emulate" a rate limit on the transmitter of the device
connected to that particular bridge interface. That's why I need an ingress
qdisc on each and every interface of my Linux bridge. This is what I tried:

tc qdisc add dev eth4 handle ffff: ingress
tc filter add dev eth4 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 50 u32 match ip \
        src 0.0.0.0/0 police rate 100kbit burst 10k drop flowid :1

I didn't obeserve any rate reduction though. I suspect that on the bridge,
packets are being forwarded and therefore the ip-related matches have no
effect. How can I have the 'police rate 100kbit' portion of the command
without the ip-related arguments?

Thanks,

Marcelo.