Re: How to use private IP on my DMZ network

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Roselyn Calleja wrote:

> I have problems with my DMZ network. I'm using Linux with three interface (eth0, eth1,eth2). eth0 is connected to my dsl modem, eth1 is for my DMZ network where it contains all my websites, eth2 is my private network. I'm using iptables. Below is my diagram:
>
> eth0 :         203.164.168.30
>             gw:  203.164.168.29
>             mask: 255.255.255.252
>
> eth1:           203.164.168.161 (also the gateway of the network)
>             mask:255.255.255.248
> website 1:  203.164.168.163
> website 2: 203.164.168.164
> website 3: 203.164.168.165
>
> I want to set-up my network like this:
>
> eth1 : 10.10.10.1
>             gw: 10.10.10.1
> website1: 10.10.10.5
> website2:10.10.10.6
> website3:10.10.10.7
> website1 public address is 203.164.168.163
> website2 public address is 203.164.168.164
> website3 public address is 203.164.168.165
> Does anybody knows how to work this thing out? Is it possible? Please reply.

I'm very new to this list, but IMHO this list is for iproute2 and
traffic conditioner. Your Problem looks like normal routing problems.

1. Why using privat IP's if you have public IP's ?

2. Is the first setup decribed above curently working ?

   if not, you may need proxy-arp or modify your arp-cache
   if yes, ip-aliasing will be your friend and then you
   can use DNAT.

3. if you setup private ips for security reasons you better
   use proxy services.

and so on ....

P.S. can some listinsider give me some rules for answering
     this kind of questions  DROP, REJECT, FORWARD, ACCEPT ? :)

greets,
    Tami