Re: htb2 with link sharing - the bandwidth dividing question

On Monday 23 September 2002 05:29, Adi Nugroho wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 July 2002 02:49, Stef Coene wrote:
> > Actually, the remaining bandwidth is not divided proportional to the
> > rate, but to quantum.
>
> Helo....
> I would like to ask about r2q and quantum.
> I'm using sfq, which has also something named quantum.
> the question is....
> I I want that the remaining bandwidth to be devided proportional to the
> rate, which one shuld I set...
> * sfq quantum?
> * or htb quantum?
> * or both?
Htb quantum is used to between different classes and only for bandwidth that
remains after each class get's it's rate.
Sfq quantum is used within one class where the sfq qdisc is attached to and
determines how many bytes each flow can send when they may send.
Setting on quantum is the best.

> Second question, how can we set r2q lower than 1? I would like to set my
> r2q to 0.1.
Just try it out.  I don't know if it will work.

Stef

--

stef.coene@docum.org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"