Re: questiona about CBQ algorithm in Linux

Hello Alex

Sorry for my stubborn question. I read the S.Floyd paer "Link-sharing and
resource mamagement...." On page 5, they said" The estimator estimates the
bandwidth used byeach class over the appropriate time interval, to determine
whether or not each class has been receiveing its link -sharing
bandwidth..."

Also as I know CBQ building block, they have general scheduler, link-sharing
scheduler, estimater, classifier etc. complonents.

This is why I ask you how about its implementation in linux. I read the
sch_cbq.c comments, not quite sure one line" Linux has no EOI event, so that
we ca not estimater true idle class idle time..."
what's EOI event, This is why in Linux, CBQ canot measure bandwidth?

regards

yuxiao