Help with tc TBF filter

Dear Friends,

I have tryed to follow the Traffic Control HOWTO to setup a bandwidth limit
of 500kbps in a Ethernet 10Mbps LAN.

What I did:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root tbf rate 500kbit limit 50kb burst 10kb peakrate
501kbit mtu 6000b

Happens that in average I get the correct rate: 500kbps, but unfortunatly,
what the token bucket filter does is that some times it sends burts of
packets, and other times it waits for a relative long time before sending
packets. I believe this is a problem for what I would like to have:

I need a token bucket or leaky bucket algorithm that counts packet by
packet, how many bytes it is putting on the link. In a really small window,
like 10 ms for example.
Then:
10ms * 500k = 5000 bits each 10ms or 625 bytes each 10ms

This is what would be perfect for me: the algorithm sends at most 625 bytes
each 10ms. No burts!!!

Reading the HOWTO I had the impression that it is not possible using tc -
TBF. Is it right? Does anyone know if this is possible to be achieved?

Thanks for your patience and atttention.

Fernando.