Re: dsmark_dequeue: unsupported protocol 2054

José Alberto Aguilar González wrote:
> I am using dsmark in a DS Edge router and I got those "dsmark_dequeue:
> unsupported protocol 2054" messages.
> I know it is ARP traffic (2054=0x806) and I wonder how can I avoid that
> kind traffic entering in the dsmark.

Entering dsmark per se isn't a problem. dsmark will happily ignore
your ARP traffic as long as you don't ask dsmark to actually
(re)mark it. dsmark will notice that you're not trying to (re)mark
the packets, if the dsmark class you're sending it to uses value 0
and mask 0xff.

In case you really want to divert non-IP traffic, you need another
qdisc around dsmark, and send only IPv4 and IPv6 traffic to the
class to which dsmark is attached.

- Werner