TC start/stop Problem

I have internet connection with 1,7 mbit down and 512
kbit up currently serving several corporate/college
labs, which is fully loaded most of the time.

in my shaper box located in remote site, I have my HTB
tcscript that simply creates the qdiscs, classes and
filters upon execution.
I also have a script (tcstop) containing:

rmmod sch_htb
rmmod sch_sfq
rmmod cls_u32
tc qdisc del root dev eth0
tc qdisc del root dev eth1

for releasing the traffic control.

problem is : I need to make changes to my start
script, so I execute the tcstop script, edit the
tcstart script a little, execute it, and boom. My
shaperbox disconnected from the rest of the net.
since my shaperbox is placed right before the
gateway/WAN router, we all got disconnected.

when I came to the shaperbox, it didn't crash or hang,
it is just disconnected. and I couldn't find any
suspicious log related to that.

It didn't happen all the times (about 1 out of 5) but
quite annoying.
anyone have any idea about that? because I still can't
figured out why.