Re: Advance Routing Guidance

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 00:33, Arindam Haldar wrote:
> so my Question is-->possible without **MASQUERADE** ??..

No

> will the
> setup(as shown in docs) loadbalance for our real ip's ?? ..

Not without the Linux router performing NAT.

> what other things i have to consider ?..

I would consider doing some NAT in one way or another. In my case I
perform two consecutive rounds of NAT, one in each router, and again in
the Linux router.

In short, in order for Julian's patches to work and to load balance the
connections, the Linux router must be doing NAT. So I would look into a
topology in your network that would allow for the Linux router to
perform NAT. Otherwise I do not believe you will be able to load balance
your connections.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.