Re: (no subject)

On Thursday 25 July 2002 04:31, Alfred Quah wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently doing some test on HTB and realised that cburst is a very
> important parameter that will shapes the throughput of the traffic. Also I
> realise that if all the traffic are given the same priority in HTB, there
> is a lot of pertubations in the bandwidth consumed by each traffic. As a
> result, the rate and ceil are not well-managed. Why is this so.
Can you post the script you use to test this?  There are other parameters who
are also important and that can explain the behaviour you get.  And also the
results why you think there is a problem.
cburst is indeed an important paramater.  Ideal, cburst = packet size.  So
there is no burst on the ceil and you _never_ exceed the burst.  But you can
make surfing more attractive by allowing a cburst so small pages/images are
loaded very quickly.

> I'm useing
> HTB2 code that i have downloaded from the home page. Is it because of the
> bug that is in HTB2?. Please Help!
I don't think so.

Stef

--